The Lefton Company was founded in 1941 by George Lefton, a Hungarian immigrant living in Chicago. The company continues to produce various collectibles and china.
In the late 1990s, Lefton manufactured a popular dinnerware line featuring American lighthouses. These included the nautical Lefton Lighthouse Plates. The plates are available in 8” or 10” sizes and are hand-painted by Mary Lingle. The Lefton lighthouse plates feature a series of different lighthouses throughout the USA including Cape Hatteras. The dinnerware plates are suitable for food use but are not microwave or oven safe.
The Lefton lighthouse plates were also issued as collectibles in limited editions with the plate number and edition printed on the back of the plate. These limited edition plates are for decorative use only.
lighthouse lefton plate, 2